Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ramble Ramble

To *Everybody's* surprise, I REALLY, REALLY liked "The Spirit" and am now mad everytime I read a bad review of the movie. I'm not taking back anything I've said about Frank Miller being a raving lunatic (he is) who should be taken out to the back of a shed and shot dead (he should), but DAMN if he didn't make a completely entertaining movie about a character I've never read a fucking book about. I did get the in-jokes ("It'll be better with the masks on..."; "Sounds like an Elektra complex") and I don't think any of the great actors or actress in the movie did anything that was over the top.

By the by: I've never really thought Eva Mendes was that hot (kinda the same way I feel about Angelina), BUT...and I'm sure the nude shot of her from the side was a stand-in.....but still....I'm all over her now....

My ban on news and not immediately downloading The Nightly News and Countdown once I step in the door has been surprisingly refreshing (I'm sure this has nothing to do with Obama being on vacation and the holidays slowing all major events down to dullness). If anything, it's allowed me to finish up the Artie Lange book I got for Christmas, a shitload of trade paperbacks I bought last week, and enjoy a little Mystery Science Theatre 3000 mini-marathon that made me realize who much I really miss those guys. Seriously, if anybody can tell me why the Rifftraxx don't automatically download into my iTunes....

I did that on New Year's Eve? No, sorry: Ben called me at the last minute (naturally) and invited me with him and a married couple to front-row seats at the Rockets game, which was early and very fun. I still made home in time to call it an early night....just so I could wake up to work hell and have people I respect very much accuse me of trying to get them a bad deal. Ugh; I didn't. Hopefully Ron will straight this ALL out tomorrow....(yeah, right)

On another note, I'm ashamed that I broke down and extended a branch to You-Know-Who. Which led her to hit me back. But that's it. I'm not going to respond. Really. I'm not.

Still loving The History of Howard Stern Act 2 every morning; it almost makes me not want Howard to come back from vacation, shit....

Alright, enough nonsense, as you were

No comments:

Post a Comment